Sunday, July 31, 2011

Prince William Gets Presents

This is from the old blog, I didn't want to lose it, so pretend it's new...
As I was going over daily gossip[read:the news] I stumbled upon this poll asking if Prince William and Kate should forgo wedding gifts for charity. My answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT! When Willy was a tiny sperm swimming around in a sack, he was NOT in there demanding to be Royal. As for Kate, is it her fault she's got goodies to land a Prince? No! They get to have a wedding like everybody else[who has weddings] and they get to get a waffle iron like everybody else. Is it their fault that the waffle iron will be made of platinum, encrusted with diamonds, say "waffle" in 43 different languages, end world hunger, and sacrifice every first born if provoked? No! They just got lucky. That's not being insensitive; the only insensitive act is anyone who feels they should forgo wedding gifts. Why? Because you didn't get a $30,000,000 pillow hand-sewn, woven with the tears of Christ? Please, some have and some are without. The last thing I'm going to be thinking about on my wedding day is charity; I'm going to be wondering how I won't get chocolate, from the fountain, on my dress and if I got really cool salt & pepper shakers from Ikea[do they sell those? Wouldn't they be great?]. What happens when Kate gets pregnant? Don't throw her a baby shower, she can buy her own gifts...donate gifts to charity. Um, no? That makes absolutely no sense.  Well I'm ranting...it just really bothered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment